JOB TITLE: Engineering Intern/Co-Op
Work in a fast growing, exciting, and dynamic company (www.atadllc.com) applying a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines. Work alongside team members with 30 to 40 years of aerospace experience many having been a part of developing 50+% of today’s aircraft fleet. This job provides impressive opportunities to learn and apply new skills in engineering, design, analysis, manufacturability, maintainability, certification, and more. Projects vary in scope, complexity, engineering discipline, duration, and locations. Opportunities to travel for short or intermediate periods are possible. Work may provide growth into Junior Engineer or Design Engineer.
Work various design, engineering, development, and certification projects for fixed wing and/or rotorcraft. May also support various military or special mission projects. Work may cover a wide range of disciplines and products for new and existing aircraft products. May also work in a shop or lab environment for prototyping parts and systems, including CNC tool path generation and machining.
Assignments may include aircraft, systems, structural, and interiors design, engineering, and analysis. Coordination of tooling fabrication, parts fabrication, and shop liaison when needed. Support physical testing where needed. Specific tasks may involve:
- Work with basic industry standards and concepts to support design, engineering, analysis and other supporting roles. May include working with FEA and/or CFD simulation software.
- May be exposed to fabrication of design using CNC tools, tool design, tool path generation, CNC code generation (CAD/CAM), and operating simple to complex CNC tooling. May use experiences to drive design improvements into parts or process improvements into the shop.
- Author reports and documents as needed to capture analysis and engineering work.
- Variety of research and special assignments available.
Will work engineering assignments with the guidance and direction of engineers, subject matter experts, FAA-DERs, and project engineers.
Actively working toward a BSAE or BSME (or higher) degree is required for Engineering Interns/Co-Ops. Design engineers may be working towards an AS in a related field of study or area. Position requires ability to gain an understanding and application of engineering & design principles. Areas of focus are:
Aircraft mechanical systems (propulsion, fuel system, flight controls, hydraulics, icing, air conditioning/environmental control, and landing gear). Requires strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Due to some of our work related to ITAR, at this time we can only accept US citizens or Green Card holders.
- Must be driven and motivated.
- Requires self-starter, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to coordinate and resolve issues with other engineering groups, customers, and suppliers.
- SolidWorks &/or CATIA V5 experience is helpful. Good writing skills is preferred.
This position will be primarily located in Grass Lake Michigan (and surrounding area). Part time work may be available to the right candidate(s).