JOB TITLE: Engineer, Aerospace
Work in a fast growing, exciting, and dynamic company (www.atadllc.com) applying a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines. Work alongside team members with 30 to 40 years of aerospace experience many having been a part of developing over 50% of today’s aircraft fleet. This job provides impressive opportunities to learn and apply new skills in engineering, design, analysis, manufacturability, maintainability, certification, and more. Projects vary in scope, complexity, engineering discipline, duration, and locations. Opportunities to travel for short or intermediate periods are possible. Work may provide growth into Certification Specialist, Quality Engineer, Senior Engineer, or Assistant Program Manager/Project Engineer.
Responsible for engineering, design, development, and certification support of 14 CFR Part 23, 25, 27, 29, military, and special mission aircraft projects. Work may cover a wide range of disciplines and products for new and existing aircraft products, tooling, and other related products.
Development of system schematics, computer simulations, test article drawings, engineering, design, analysis, coordination of test article fabrication, and/or validation of initial design through physical test. Specific tasks may involve, but are not limited to:
- Engineering & Designing of systems and structures, assemblies, & installations
- Troubleshooting activities in both production and field environments
- Occasional physical laboratory testing and verification of system performance
- Documentation of such activities with plans, reports and presentations
- Design, engineering, and production support per company, industry, and FAA standards
Responsible for performing engineering assignments in specialized fields of aerospace engineering working with Subject Matter Experts, FAA-DERs, and PM/PEs. Position requires frequent contact with personnel in engineering, manufacturing, quality, supply chain, customers, and outside suppliers. Travel to customer sites or facilities, test facilities, and flight-testing locations may be required.
BSAE or BSME (or higher) plus three+ years related experience is required. Position requires sound understanding and application of engineering principles, the ability to learn and understand aircraft structures, mechanical systems; propulsion, fuel system, flight controls, hydraulics, icing, air conditioning/environmental control, landing gear and their electrical interface. Requires strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the System Safety certification process per SAE ARP4754 and ARP4761 is helpful.
- Requires motivated self-starter, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to coordinate and resolve issues with other internal company groups, customers, and suppliers.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- SolidWorks experience is desired. CATIA V5 experience is helpful.
- Experience with simulation tools such as linear & nonlinear FEA, CFD, etc. is helpful.
- Kinematic and/or system safety analysis experience is helpful.
- CAD/CAM experience on CNC equipment is helpful.
- Prior certification experience with Federal Aviation Regulations (14 CFR Part 23 & 25) in Mechanical Systems and/or Structures is preferred. 14 CFR Part 27, 29 and military qual. experience is helpful.
- Experience in manufacturing, A&P mechanic, fabrication, pilot, etc. is helpful
- Matlab experience is helpful, including Simulink.
- Experience with authoring MM’s, ICA’s, IPC’s and related publications is helpful.
This position will be primarily located in Grass Lake & Ann Arbor Michigan (and surrounding area).
Pay grade will be commensurate with experience/education. Some working remote may be permitted for the responsible candidate.