Job Description – Requisition
JOB Title: Junior Engineer
Work in a fast growing, exciting, and dynamic company (www.atadllc.com) applying a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines. Work alongside team members with 30 to 40 years of aerospace experience many having been a part of developing over 50% of today’s aircraft fleet. This job provides impressive opportunities to learn and apply new skills in engineering, design, analysis, manufacturability, maintainability, certification, and more. Projects vary in scope, complexity, engineering discipline, duration, and locations. Opportunities to travel for short or intermediate periods are possible. Work may provide growth into Certification Candidate, Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, or Assistant Project Engineer.
Responsible for design, engineering, development, and certification support of 14 CFR Part 23, 25, 27, and 29 aircraft projects. May also support various military and special mission projects. Work may cover a wide range of disciplines and products for new and existing aircraft products.
Perform aircraft, systems, and structural design, engineering, and analysis. Coordination of tooling fabrication, parts fabrication, and shop liaison when needed. Support physical testing where needed. Specific tasks may involve:
- Component, System, and installation design and engineering starting with basic concepts and working through advanced concepts.
- Work may include the full product life cycle and support.
- Vendor coordination and review of vendor engineering documents
- Troubleshooting activities in both production and field environments, including root cause analysis where needed.
- Occasional physical laboratory testing and verification of system performance
- Author reports and documents as needed to capture analysis and engineering work.
Responsible for performing engineering assignments in specialized fields of aerospace engineering, working under oversite and guidance of senior engineers, subject matter experts, DERs, and project engineers. Position requires frequent contact with personnel in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, and outside suppliers. Travel to customer sites/facilities, test facilities, and flight-testing locations may be required.
BSAE or BSME (or higher) with 0-5 years’ experience required. Position requires sound understanding and application of engineering principles, the ability to learn and understand Structures and aircraft mechanical systems; propulsion, fuel system, flight controls, hydraulics, icing, air conditioning/environmental control, landing gear and their electrical interface. Requires strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires highly motivated self-starter, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to coordinate and resolve issues with other internal company groups, customers, and suppliers.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- A solid understanding of engineering methods and principles is required.
- SolidWorks experience is desired, CATIA V5 experience is helpful.
- Experience with simulation tools such as linear & nonlinear FEA, CFD, etc. is helpful.
- CAD/CAM experience on CNC equipment is helpful.
- Prior certification experience with Federal Aviation Regulations (14 CFR Part 23 & 25) in Mechanical Systems and/or Structures is preferred. 14 CFR Part 27, 29 and military qual. experience is helpful.
- Experience in manufacturing, A&P mechanic, fabrication, pilot, etc. is helpful
- Matlab experience is helpful, including Simulink.
- Good writing skills is preferred.
This position will be primarily located in Grass Lake & Ann Arbor Michigan (and surrounding area).
Pay grade will be commensurate with experience/education. Some working remote may be permitted for the responsible candidate.