JOB TITLE: Multi-Discipline Engineer
Work in a fast growing, exciting, and dynamic company (www.atadllc.com) applying a wide range of engineering skills and disciplines. Work alongside team members with 30 to 40 years of aerospace experience many having been a part of developing 50+% of today’s aircraft fleet. This job provides impressive opportunities to learn and apply new skills in engineering, design, analysis, manufacturability, maintainability, certification, and more. Projects vary in scope, complexity, engineering discipline, duration, and locations. Opportunities to travel for short or intermediate periods are possible. Work may provide growth into Certification Specialist, Senior or Principle Engineer, or Program Manager/Project Engineer.
Responsible for design, engineering, development, and support certification of 14 CFR Part 23, 25, 27, 29, military, and special mission aircraft projects. May also support various military and special mission projects. Work may cover a wide range of disciplines and products for new and existing aircraft products.
Development of system architecture, system requirements, system schematics, structure, computer simulations, test article drawings, design, engineering, analysis, coordination of test article fabrication, and/or validation of initial design through physical test. Specific tasks may involve:
- Mathematical modeling and simulation of mechanical systems
- Development/Review of engineering data
- Vendor coordination and review of vendor engineering documents
- Engineering & Designing systems and/or structural components, assemblies, & installations.
- Troubleshooting activities in both production and field environments
- Occasional physical laboratory testing and verification of system performance
- System Safety analysis of mechanical systems
- Documentation of such activities with reports and presentations.
Responsible for performing engineering assignments in specialized fields of aerospace engineering with a minimum of day-to-day technical and analytical guidance. Position requires frequent contact with personnel in engineering, manufacturing, supply chain, customers, and outside suppliers. Travel to customer sites/facilities, test facilities, and flight-testing locations may be required.
BSAE or BSME (or higher) plus five-ten+ years related experience is required. Position requires sound understanding and application of engineering principles, broad understand of aircraft mechanical systems; propulsion, fuel system, flight controls, hydraulics, icing, air conditioning/environmental control, landing gear and their electrical interface. Experience with aircraft structures. Manufacturability and maintainability engineering and support experience. Requires strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with the System Safety certification process per SAE ARP4754 and ARP4761 is desired.
- Requires motivated self-starter, good verbal and written communication skills, ability to coordinate and resolve issues with other engineering groups, customers, and suppliers.
- Time management skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of various size and scope.
- SolidWorks experience is desired. CATIA V5 experience is helpful.
- Experience with linear & nonlinear FEA preferred.
- Kinematic analysis experience is helpful.
- Experience with simulation tools such as linear & nonlinear FEA, CFD, etc. is helpful.
- Kinematic and/or system safety analysis experience is helpful.
- Prior certification experience with Federal Aviation Regulations (Part 23 and/or Part 25) in Mechanical Systems and/or Structures is required.
- Experience in manufacturing, A&P mechanic, fabrication, pilot, etc. is helpful.
- CAD/CAM experience on CNC equipment is helpful.
- Matlab experience is helpful, including Simulink.
- Experience with authoring MMs, ICAs, IPS, SRM documents and publications is helpful.
This position will be primarily located in Grass Lake & Ann Arbor Michigan (and surrounding area).
Pay grade will be commensurate with experience/education. Some working remote may be permitted for the responsible candidate.